Thursday, April 12, 2012

MOJO Monday 236

So it has definitely been a while since I last posted anything to this blog.  I have been making lots of cards and I have finally started to venture into making some scrapbook layouts.  I decided to follow this week's Mojo Monday sketch for the Anniversary card that I needed to make for my parents.  Their 41st anniversary is this coming Tuesday, April 17th and I thought that the layout was perfect for the card I wanted to make for them.  I have not posted the papers or sizes of my cards before but I guess I should start to do that so that I don't get in trouble for not giving credit to the proper people.  LOL! 

I made a standard A2 size card using almost all Stampin' Up products.  The cardbase is Pool Party and is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  The first layer is Soft Suede which is cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I then used some scraps from the Spice Cake DSP from the Holiday Mini that I absolutely love and try not to use it too much because I love the patterns so much!!  The bigger scrap piece was cut at 3" x 4" and the smaller scrap piece is cut at 1 1/2" x 4".  I then used the cheater method and adhered some 1 1/4" Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon in a knot (I really cheated because I adhered the flat piece first and then took a smaller piece and tied the knot around the flat piece).  For the flower at the bottom, I used some die cut flowers from the Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit from the Occasions Mini.  The Rhinestone on the flower is from Queen & Co. in Baby Blue that is sold at A.C. Moore and the Sentiment is from Anna Griffin that I bought on HSN and is one of my first stamp sets.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in this card. Blue and brown are my faves. I am a new follower of your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you will share. As a new blogger, I would really appreciate it if you check out my blog and follow me, too!
    http://piece-ofheart.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete