Thursday, November 8, 2012

Jets Bear

Hi everyone!!  I haven't posted to my blog in a very long time.  I decided that I wanted to post some of the cards that I have been making and the one I am posting now is just one out of so many more.

My best friend Erin asked me if I could create a year's worth of birthday and anniversary cards for both her mother and her mother-in-law.  These would be cards for all of their family members for the upcoming year so that all they had to do is remember to mail them out when the time came.  I was thrilled that she asked me to do this for her but then she dropped the bomb on me that there would be 82 cards in total for both.  82 cards!!!  Well I got them all done just this past Sunday and this one was one of my favorites to create!

This is the birthday card for Erin's nephew Ben, who will be turning 9 in 2013.  He loves football and his favorite team is the NY Jets.  I used the football bear from the Cricut cartridge Teddy Bear Parade and the"leaves" oblong shadow and oblong shadow frame from the Cricut cartridge Elegant Edges.  The bear is cut out at 3 inches and the frame is cut out at 4" and was made using Recollections cardstock from Michaels.  I used a Sakura white gelly roll gel pen to write Jets "1" on the front of the jersey.  I embossed the background with the Seeing Spots Cuttlebug folder.  I stamped Happy Birthday using MPS Biggie Family Sentiments.  The letters and number for Ben's name and his age was made using the Cuttlebug Baby Face dies and my Sizzix Big Shot.

I am entering this card in the Scrappy Moms Terrific Tuesday Challenge - Teddy Bear Picnic.  I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh - so cute! I love that you got the team name on his jersey. Thank you for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete